A showerhead is a small fixture that can make a big difference on the look and function of your bathroom. The right showerhead can help set the tone of a bathroom and dramatically improve the quality of your showers. So are you satisfied with the showerheads that you currently have installed in your bathrooms? Today we’re going to talk about some of the top reasons why you might want to consider installing a new showerhead and provide you with some tips on choosing a new fixture!
How to know when it’s time for a new showerhead
- You aren’t getting enough water flow from your showerhead. Does the water that’s flowing from your showers feel as good as you’d like? Many showerheads can slowly clog up over time, especially if you do not filter your home’s water, which can impact how well water flows out of them. In addition, some showerheads are simply not designed to provide the type of water flow that you desire. A new showerhead might be just what you’re looking for to have more satisfying showers.
- You want more versatility out of your showerhead. Today’s showerheads offer a wide-range of versatility that allow you to customize your showers to your preferences. Instead of a stationary model that provides one type of flow, you might be interested in a handheld showerhead, an aerating showerhead or a showerhead with a variety of different flow settings.
- You want a new look for your bathroom. Whether you’re remodeling your bathroom or you simply want to do something to freshen up the look of the room, installing an attractive new showerhead is a great way to improve any bathroom design.
- Your current showerhead is covered with limescale. If your home has hard water, limescale can build up on the surface of your showerhead and clog up the spouts. Not only is this unattractive, but it can also reduce your shower’s flow rate. In addition to installing a shiny new showerhead, you might want to consider installing a water softener to prevent future limescale buildup.
- You want to save water. An old showerhead can waste a lot of water, which is something that we should not take lightly here in California. Replacing an old and inefficient showerhead with a water-efficient model (below) is a great and easy way to cut back on your home’s water consumption.
Look for a low-flow model for your new showerhead
Not matter what kind of new showerhead you decide to install, make sure that it is a low-flow model. Today’s low-flow showerheads perform just as well as older models, and they use a fraction of the amount of water. At most, look for a showerhead with a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute, and consider even more efficient models with flow rates of 1.5 gallons per minute or less.
If you have any questions about what to look for in a new showerhead, or if you’d like a plumbing system serviced or installed in your home, contact Cabrillo, your Bay Area plumbing, heating and air conditioning contractor.6 Plumbing and Water Heater Tips for Fall in the Bay Area » « When You’re Ready for a Water Heater Installation in the Bay Area, Choose Your Contractor Wisely